What to do at Ocean View
- Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy – Sandy beaches, Hikes over towering cliffs where waterfalls tumble into the sea, Dense coastal forest walks, Swimming in the Indian Ocean or just relaxing on a lounger at the Sparkling Hotel Pool, Boogie Bording, Surfing, Horse Riding, Recreational fishing, Kayaking, Bird watching, Guided Traditional and Cultural Tours, Vehicle Excursions such as Hole in the Wall, Mthata River Mouth/Mapuzi cliffs and Sundowner Trips.
- The children are well taken care of, with facilities in the garden for them to play on. A jungle gym, trampoline and swimming pool. A child minder can be made available if you need those few hours alone or to go hiking in some of the more exciting areas of the coast line.
- The beach a favourite place for the family with picnics if requested and canoes, boat trips and just beach combing for hours along the easily accessible beach.
- Fishing opportunities from the beach or the boat, with rods, tackle and bait arranged for you. Together with a "Gilly" for a little extra who can provide you with local knowledge and expertise to find and catch the fish. Lunch can be arranged for the outing if requested.
- Cultural Evenings can be arranged to sample the local ambience and music of the area. Hearing the local drums and listening to the local stories of this magical wild coast.
- Sunday afternoons sitting by the pool or in the garden you can also experience the local drumming and music, or sitting on the lawns relaxing reading a book with the sound of the surf crashing on the beach.
- If you visit at the end of June through July of beginning of August, you will get to see the beginning of the Sardine Run that then goes up the coast to Durban. Viewing from the cliffs you can enjoy your favourite beverage, braai or picnic and watch this exciting migration of fish begin their annual journey.
Many different hiking trails available to be used and we will be only too happy to give you the local knowledge on them. We offer daily tours to Hole in the wall and Mapuzi, where you can go cliff jumping and swimming in the “Jacuzzi”
Allow us to arrange a relaxing Sundowner session for you
Please note that recreational fishing on the Wild Coast requires a valid fishing permit. This permit is obtainable from your nearest post office.